Back at it again with another booty workout! Let’s get real, it’s almost summertime and we got to start working on our best summer body. It’s not even about measurements, numbers don’t actually matter. It really comes down to how good we feel in our own skin. But in case you’re wondering how to get a slim waist and big butt-we got you covered!
Keep in mind, that your best summer body isn’t about how you look. When you’re body confident, that’s the real win. We can summarize our ideal body into one word, BALANCE. We want to give you the balanced lifestyle you never knew you needed. That being said there are millions of people that want a slim waist and big butt-and even more that appreciate them!
Thick thighs make the world go ‘round. It’s completely acceptable to love your curves, and the only one getting in your way is you. Stop living in the status quo, stop overthinking about someone else’s opinion of you.
As a matter of fact, we’ll be the first to tell you that no one even cares. They’re probably just as body-conscious as you are. Feeling good in your body, accepting yourself flaws and all, that’s the end goal.
The only way to rock a one-piece with a cut-out is with confidence.
Here are simple ways to get started on your killer, feel-good body. Small gains matter, and doing one thing every day will get you the results you want. Our easy-to-follow workout recommendations will motivate you to just get up and start moving.
No need for equipment or heading back to the gym. There’s no time for excuses in 2022. If you want to make changes to your body, just do it.
Balance is the key
We’ve talked about the importance of balance many times before. This includes the workouts you are doing. A slim waist and big butt don’t happen overnight.
It’s important to match your booty workout with core exercises that will build strength in your lower abs and back to support all your new booty gains. We picked out the best booty and core exercise to get you going towards the perfect hourglass figure.
PLANK ARM RAISES
There are many parts to your core. This one is going to fire up your abdominals, and it’s the perfect warm-up. This workout is most effective if your core is engaged and utilizing your breath to move throughout the workout will help!
- Make sure your butt isn’t poking up in your plank. You want to imagine that there is a string at the top of your head pulling your entire spine, including your core which is parallel to the ground.
- Start in a high plank position.
- Inhale to engage your core, and exhale as you lift one arm up to align with your ear.
- Reach forward in front of you, and hold.
- Exhale while you slowly release your arm back to neutral and prep to lift the other arm.
This exercise isn’t about how fast you can lift each arm, more so focus on your breath and reach for that hold to gain the most out of this plank activity.
BENT KNEE SIDE PLANKS
Side planks are great for really getting into those obliques. The obliques are actually two muscles: internal and external obliques. They are located on the sides of the abdominals, running from the hips to the rib cage.
Don’t skip out on balancing your body! Make sure you are working out equally on the left and right sides of your obliques.
Laying on one side of your body, you want to make sure your elbow is 90 degrees from your shoulder. You want to protect your body and reduce injury. With the string analogy in mind, ensure your spine is aligned in this position as you don’t want to hyperextend your back.
- Tuck your core in and engage your glutes.
- Inhale, lift your hips high off the ground, engage and hold at the highest point
- Exhale, release back to the ground with your core engaged.
- Start with 10 reps on one side before moving on to the next.
For an extra challenge, you can straighten out your leg, parallel to the ground while balancing on your bent knee. As you lift your hips, your straight leg will stay aligned with your body to activate that glute. Feel the burn ladies!
Let’s target our booty! Kickbacks are the quickest way to activate the booty and it’s super easy to do. Whenever you got some extra time in your day, this is a great way to get up and start moving your body. Kickbacks can be done two ways, with a pointed toe or flexed foot.
Each has different benefits to the booty:
- A pointed toe engages the entire leg muscle and is perfect for toning.
- A flexed foot is specifically targeting your glutes and activating that little plump factor.
Try both and alternate depending on your fitness goals.
- In a tabletop position, make sure your knees are directly under your hips and arms directly under your shoulders to prevent injury.
- When lifting your leg up, your hips need to be squared off or you could risk hyperextension.
- It is also extremely important to engage your core as you kick back your leg.
- Inhale, extend your leg up, kick back to the highest point and hold before you exhale and reset your leg back to neutral.
- It’s a good idea as you bring your leg back to neutral to give your core a little tuck for extra engagement in your lower ab. Complete 10 kickbacks before moving on to the next side.
Here are more complete workouts for those of you that are willing to go the extra mile for the slim waist bug butt you want.
Thin waist workout
10-minute booty workout
FACT OR MYTH: Backshots give you a bigger booty!
Believe it or not, people ask this question quite a bit! It’s a lingering question this one, there’s no real evidence if the doggy style sex position really gives you a bigger booty. It does however help with stretching out your hips which in turn can result in a wider, bigger booty.
Not only are you stretching out your lower body, but sex also gets hot and steamy-especially if you don’t have no “minute man” and you’re getting your cardio in. All that puffing and panting can definitely work up a good sweat and give you a stronger feeling of wellness!
Consistency pays off
Remember to do one thing every day. Consistency will be your best friend in your fitness journey. Drink plenty of water, take time to rest and eat healthily! BALANCE is so much more than just one foot after the other. It bleeds into our digestive health, physical body and even in the bedroom. Keep yourself accountable and motivated.
Get those booty gains and don’t forget to shop Petty Swimwear!